Friday 7 September 2007

Just Joking

Is anyone else getting incredibly excited about the Batman Begins sequel - The Dark Knight [due for release next year]? Every new picture released gets me even more excited. If you've seen any, you'll know why.

At the end of the [incredible] Batman Begins, the Joker is hinted at as the next villain to be used. When a casting call went out and Heath Ledger was eventually chosen for the role, I was wary, unable to picture him as a real bad guy after seeing him in A Knight's Tale and 10 Things I Hate About You. My faith has been comfortably restored and surpassed.



Does that not just scare the crap out of you?! The Joker looks seriously twisted, and like a real villain [something I feel Begins rather lacked - sure there was a crime gang, but Scarecrow wasn't featured much...]. Ledger's described his character as an "anarchic, junkie Joker".

Not only does the villain look amazing/terrifying, but other highlights of the re-boot have been improved, such as the Batmobile - there's now a bat bike [awesome!] and the suit has been re-designed [thankfully without nipples] to be harder, tougher and stronger.

I guess I'll have to wait for the film to be released to see if it'll be better than Begins. May can't come soon enough...

No comments: